WordPress is ramping up to version 2.7 which will introduce several new concepts to the WP community. One of those is the idea of Child Themes, which Justin Tadlock of ThemeHybrid is already a huge proponent. Justin has done some wonderful work on several WordPress themes that make it incredibly easy to create a professional, highly function site.
I have modified Justin’s Options Light child theme for his Options parent theme to suit my needs and wanted to release the modifications for your theme enjoyment. I call my rendition Options News since I’m using it for a news related blog. See it live at DailyAudacity.com.
Options News is compatible with WordPress 2.6+ and requires the Options parent theme by Justin Tadlock
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download Options News
- Unzip it and copy it to the wp-content/themes/ folder of your website
- Download the Options theme from ThemeHybrid.com
- Unzip Options and copy it to wp-content/themes/ folder of your website
- Login to your WordPress admin
- Go to Design
- Cick on the Options News theme…this brings up a priview of your site using the theme
- Activate the theme by clicking the Activate link at top right of the preview
Child themes are the wave of the future. They let you build on top of solid, feature rich themes such as Options with little worry that your theme will break the next time Justin has an upgrade to the core parent theme.