SAP gives you a fairly simple way to park a journal entry document. This can be accomplished in nearly of the flavors of JE entry (FB50, FB60, FB70, F-02, but not the “post with clearing” t-codes: F-04, F-30 that I can tell).
There are several reasons you might want to park a document:
- Some organizations use this as a security/separation of duties control: an accountant might create the entry and park it, does not have authorization to post, so a manager reviews the entry and posts it later.
- The entry may be long and you are interrupted and need to come back to it later. Better to park an entry and come back to it than to leave it sitting open on your desktop
- You may build up a entry throughout the month, entering the pieces as you go along and parking it at month-end. I wouldn’t recommend this, but it is done.
How to Park and Post a Document
- Start your entry in your favorite JE t-code. You must enter at least one line item to park a document. Press the Park button when you’re ready to park it. Here’s the Park button in FB50 (in F-02, you may need to use Document/Park from the menu bar):
- Go to t-code FBV0 and select your document number. Click the List button if you need to search for your doc.
- Press enter to open the Edit screen. Here, you can make additions/adjustments to the parked document.
- After you’ve made your final adjustments, you can re-park, delete or post the document:
Hope this saves you some digging around and guessing. That’s all there is to it!