Recurring entry documents in SAP can be tricky. Setting them up, figuring out the intervals, stopping them…you can easily get lost. Here is the 2 part process, a total of 6 steps, for deleting documents that you’ve already got set up.
Part 1 is to set the delete indicator in the recurring entry data section of your document. Part 2 is to run the delete reference documents program.
- Goto “Change Recurring Document” – T-code: FBD2
- Enter the document number and hit enter. You should now see your entry like this:
- Next, click the Document Header button…see the hat icon above
- In the document header, select Goto/Recurring entry data:
- Click the Delete indicator checkbox and save it:
- Run the Delete Reference Documents program in F.56 enter your Company Code, Document # or range, Fiscal Year, uncheck Test (if you’re ready), and Execute!
You should get a report back showing what was deleted or what could be deleted (if you left Test checked). If you don’t see anything, you one of the following may be going on:
- Wrong fiscal year, document number, or company code
- Delete indicator not set properly in FBD2
- It’s already deleted!
That’s it. Happy deletions!