Not all SAP journal entries are created equal. F-02 type entries (including F-04, F-30, FBD1, FB50, FB60, FB70, etc, etc) make postings to the General Ledger and all of the other special ledgers that need updating, including Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Cost Center Accounting, and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA).
But what if you only want to change the profit center on a posting? Using T-code 9KE0, you can make a posting to profit center accounting that does not affect anything else.
When to use 9KE0
- To move $ between profit centers on the same GL Account/Cost Element
- Note: you can move $ between GL accounts/cost elements as well, but this will cause Profit Center accounting to disagree with the General Ledger
- When it is not necessary to update Profitability Analysis, GL, or Cost Center Accounting
How to use 9KE0 – Enter Profit Center Document
- Access t-code 9KE0
- Select a layout from the pop-up…generally some combination of profit center, account, functional area, and partner profit center is sufficient
- If entering amounts in foreign currencies that will be translated, enter the value date for the currency translation
- Document type: generally A0
- Enter posting date (posting period will be derived from this date)
- Enter special period if necessary (period 13-16, generally only used at year-end close)
- F8 or click the Execute button
- Select Company code
- F5 or click Entry Screen button
- Enter your line items. Credits are denoted with “-“. You can paste in one column at a time for as many rows as showing on your screen. Must use scroll bar to get down to more blank rows. It is safest to break your entry into smaller entries of < 100 rows. Entries must balance to $0
- Ctrl-S or click Save button to post the entry.
It’s a fairly basic transaction. We often use this t-code when the plant on a material changes without going through a goods movement. This situation throws the plant iventory balance out of balance with the PCA balance.