The only thing that marred the experience was a nasty and undying popup for installing Rosetta so it could run NotificationExec. Click Not Now and it just comes back a few seconds later. Truly annoying!
A couple minutes on Google yielded this form post on MacRumors.
The answer for me was to navigate to /Library/Driver Support/ and to trash the NotificationExec.app in between the popups.
So, the steps are:
- Navigate to: /Library/Driver Support/ – you should see NotificationExec.app in that folder
- Go to Force Quit (Apple menu) and make sure there aren’t any instances of the popup hanging out
- Wait for the popup and click: “Not Now”
- Then trash: NotificationExec.app
- You may have to enter your admin password so you can change Finder
- Empty trash and resume life!
Hope that helps!